A new baseball season is about to start. It seems like it’s been so long since the Super Bowl. It’s a long dark gap between the NFL and beginning of MLB. A huge fan of both sports from a very young age. Also, as an avid fantasy sports player, let the games begin.
I’ve been playing fantasy football and baseball for almost 15 years. I have 2 teams in CBS leagues. However, with games running from week to week, it leaves some idle time during the week. Enter daily fantasy games, Fanduel & Draftkings.
I like the daily play with no commitments to one lineup or roster for a whole week. Fanduel and Draftkings both have daily games and low entry fee as well as free contest. DraftKings has daily FREE games also, and money games start at .25 games and Fanduel starts at $1.00 games.
FanDuel is a daily fantasy sports game where the performance of real-world athletes decides which fantasy team wins. Each FanDuel user picks a team from a select list of real-world players. The better players on your fantasy team perform in their real-world games, the more points your fantasy team gets. Once the real-world games are over, whichever fantasy team has the most points wins!
How do I play on FanDuel?
1. Create an account
2. Deposit money into your account if you want to play paid contests
3. Pick a contest to enter from the ‘Lobby’
4. Draft your team
5. Sit back and watch your players’ real-time stats roll in
The best FanDuelers use a combination of research, strategy, and skill when picking their teams and choosing which contests to enter. There are plenty of resources to learn about Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS). One of my favorites is Rotowire.
Note: If you can’t find a contest you want to enter in the ‘Lobby,’ you can always create one yourself by clicking the ‘Create Contest’ button in the top right corner.
How do I play DraftKings
Sign up Free through the above link and make your first deposit, a receive $10 in DraftKings Dollars!
PICK YOUR CONTEST!
- DraftKings offers a variety of contest types to suit the preferences of our different users.
- Some of the contests are free to enter, while others charge a buy-in fee to enter the contest.
- If a contest is Guaranteed, the contest payout will be that Guaranteed prize total even if the contest is not filled when it begins.
- If a contest is not Guaranteed, the contest will be canceled if it is not filled when it begins, but the buy-in amount will be refunded.
- Once you decide which contest you’d like to enter, click on the “Draft Team” button to enter that contest and draft a team.
DRAFT YOUR TEAM!
- In each contest, participants will be assigned a fixed salary cap of $50,000 that they can use to draft their entire roster.
- The Player Pool will consist of all players participating in the current day’s games, their positions, and their salary.
- Player salaries are determined by their performance and are not related to the player’s actual compensation.
- Once all the position slots in the roster have been filled, and the team salary is less than or equal to the salary cap, the participant can submit his roster for the contest.
- After the participant submits a roster, the participant can modify the roster until the contest begins.
FOLLOW YOUR TEAM AND WATCH AS YOU MOVE ON THE LEADERBOARD!
- To view all of the contests that you have entered, click on the “My Contests” tab near the top of the webpage.
- The “Live Contests” area shows the contests you have entered that are currently in progress.
- When viewing a live contest, each participant can see how the team they drafted stacks up against the competition.
- If you place into a paid position in the contest you entered, you win the amount determined by the prize structure for that contest!
- The cash you win will automatically be credited to your account so you can use it to enter more contests!
Opening Sunday, 4/2/2017 was kind to me! Played $1.00 on Fanduel and won $3.00 and played $0.50 on Draftkings and parlayed that into $10.oo. Not big winnings, however, I won more than I played, so not too bad of a day at all.